Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Season of Resurrection

Just as Christ from the grave, this season has birthed new life into the depths of my being. Praise His glorious name for new life.
This is a season of the dying coming to life. Of the wilted springing up. Of the old becoming new.

As I step out the door, the captivating scent of new life floods my nostrils. As I look back and forth, I see colors anew. As I feel the cool breeze brush my tanning skin, I can feel Him clothing me with newness.

I love spring. I love the newness He brings to my spirit as I witness everything around me changing from ashes to beauty; it so parallels His work in my heart these days.  

I CRAVE the sunshine beating across my skin, just like I CRAVE His Word alone.

I DRIVE just so I can feel the cool air wrestle my hair, just like I DRIVE so that I can come to Him in praise and endless conversation.

 I RUN as my feeble body is retrained to obey discipline, just like I RUN as the teaching of His Word feeds my thirsty spirit.

I WRITE to maintain sanity, just like I WRITE that His grace might be magnified over my insanity.

I SOAK in the time I have with this family of 11, just like I SOAK in learning how to serve in my role as a woman in the house and outside of it.

I LOVE my “daughters” through the heartaches, just like I LOVE hearing the Spirit speak in the midst of it all.  

I JUMP on a plane to South Asia in 5 weeks, just like I JUMP in excitement at the thought of taking His Word to the ends of the earth.  

I FEEL the death falling to my feet, just like I FEEL Him filling me with new life. 

I SEE my sin with more hatred then ever before, just like I SEE the grace He died to lavish upon me with more dependency then ever before. 

I REST in the victory of this season, just like I REST in the victory of my RISEN SAVIOR!!!  

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."
                                                                                                                 Philippians 3:10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment