Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter in the Country

He has Risen! He has Risen indeed!!

This Easter I was blessed to have my adopted family host six of my international friends and an American friend for lunch and some time in the country. It was one of the sweetest things to watch this family welcome my friends into their home just like they have so graciously welcomed me.

The girls congregated in the kitchen hosting while the guys settled in the living room in deep conversation. The leader of the home did not hesitate in beginning gospel-centered conversation with the guys from Egypt. It was a moment I will never forget...walking back and forth from the kitchen to the living room drinks in hand, just hearing Him speak Truth over these boys...and of course they loved him instantly. He really has a way with internationals--it's something I really admire.

All eighteen of us gathered around the table to feast and talk. Michelle did an incredible job preparing the food and making everyone feel so welcome. I love her desire to open up her home and welcome anyone and everyone. she has a true gift. At the end of the lunch, I got to offer Easter baskets to my friends, filled with chocolate and some gospel-minded additions too. Then we headed outside for a bit, racing around on four-wheelers and getting a big group picture to remember this day, this day which we celebrate our Risen Savior.

I know God moves in powerful ways and I continue to pray that my international friends will know Him intimately in the month to come before they leave. Regardless of the timing, I am continually seeing the Spirit move in my time with them, and I am trusting Him more and more to do the work, instead of being so dependent upon myself. Sometimes I wish I could just shake them until they "got it"--I wish I could be the Holy Spirit. Then I realize I defiantly don't want that job. So if I can't do it, then all that's left is it remaining faithful to the One who can--and HE REALLY CAN!! Trusting that even if I never see the fruit, perhaps a seed is planted.

I know that Resurrection Sunday was a powerful testimony to a gracious God who loves each of us so much that He gave His Son to die on a cross, but He didn't stay there. He rose again that we might know He is Lord, that we might know the same resurrection from death to new life with Him. I know my friends listened to that message and I pray that they would have ears to hear.

Mummy and daughters
My little sisters :)


Both of my daughters learned how to drive the 4-wheelers!!

Boys vs. Girls


I never get tired of looking at this beauty.


Being goofy.
Kevin and Mike going out for a ride!
The little boys absolutely adored the older boys.
Daughter and I making goofy faces.


So thankful for this family...these friends...and our Risen Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment