Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Bucket List

So one my sweet friends gave me this idea to take a composition notebook and fill it with my dreams, desires, passions, callings, etc. Often times I guess it would be called a “bucket list.” So over the past month or so I have been filling it with all of these things that I desire to do in my life. I just write one on each page and sometimes even draw a little image to go with the written words. It makes it more fun so I can look back and always laugh at my inability to draw! Then after I actually get to fulfill it, I write down the date and how it was fulfilled so to speak.

It is amazing to me how the Lord burdens our hearts for so many different things as believers, and how each one of us can have such drastically contrasting desires and passions and dreams, yet HE created us with those very specific desires, passions, and dreams for a purpose far greater then anything we could come up with on our own…these passions and dreams are given to us that through their fulfillment we may bring HIM glory! If not for this purpose, then why dream of these things? At the end of the day I know that the Lord has birthed even the silliest of these dreams deep within my heart because HE is the maker of all things good and HE desires for us to experience life, life to the full.

I share a few of my own dreams today in hopes that it will challenge you to take some time and ask the Lord to show you the areas which He has burdened your heart. How has He called you…created you really…to serve Him, to love others, to live life as He intended for you to…to live it to the fullest!



















The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”         -John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment